CAA Accredited Aerial Drone Operator | London / UK
CAA Accreditation ~ Safety first
CamFly Films Ltd is dedicated to work in compliance with any permissions and CAA regulations related to flying operations within the UK, and contained within the CAP 393, Air Navigation: The Order and the Regulations (ANO 2016), articles 94, 95, 241.
CamFly Films Ltd complies with Regulation (EC) 785/2005 on Aircraft and Public Liability Insurance Requirements for Air Carriers and Aircraft Operators. Insurance Company: Coverdrone. Policy Number: CAMF01CD01
As an accredited UAV operator, CamFly Films is governed and regulated by the CAA, we must adhere to these regulations to provide the necessary required safety during our operations. Our Insurance cover is directly linked to the entire compliance of the CAA rules. These rules are very detailed and would fill up many pages of this website if published integrally, but in summary, their main purpose is all about safety, for the public, wildlife, and property.
Summary of CAA Regulations
- UAVs can be operated in line of sight, at up to 400ft and 500m radius (but in reality we are always much closer).
- We cannot fly at less than 50m above people, vehicles, roads or structures that are not under our control.
- We cannot fly at less than 150m from crowds of 1000 persons or more, that are not under our control.
- We require permission from the land owner prior to take off and landing.
- If operating close or within an airport zone, we are required to ask permission from ATC (Air Traffic Control) to take off and operate within this zone.
- We are required to know all hazards, restricted, dangerous or prohibited areas in our operating zone.
- We are required to respect all wildlife while operating.
We will always put safety first and the pilot has the final word on how safely the flight can be conducted, or not.